AHBL was founded in 1969 to bring a collaborative approach to the development of built environments. Our staff of 140 works together on projects of local and regional significance, serving both public and private clients from offices in Tacoma, Seattle, Tri-Cities and Spokane. AHBL is committed to creative design, cost effective solutions, capturing, and maintaining the sense of community, and integrating our area’s natural and cultural heritage into our ever-changing urban landscape. Our relationship-based practice is grounded upon the values of honesty, integrity, and making our clients’ needs our number one priority.
Our firm embraces a responsibility to contribute to our region and enhance the lives of community members that live, work, and play in or communities. As experts in civil and structural engineering, we are often called in to provide assessments of buildings or capital facility assets to determine overall condition and lifespan of buildings or exterior assets including site paving, storm ponds and other site features. Our teams help identify visible and discernable components and elements requiring maintenance, repair, replacement, upgrades, or other planned action. We have contributed to facility condition assessments for transit agencies, cities, and school districts throughout Washington state.
AHBL Mission Statement
Through innovative planning, design, and engineering, we improve our communities and build collaborative partnerships one project at a time.
AHBL Core Values
- Our actions are open, honest, and respectful.
- We are advocates for our clients, and our clients are advocates for us. We assist them in achieving their goals, and they rely on everything we do.
- We are empowered, engaged, and enthusiastic.
- We are respected and visible in our communities, where we actively contribute.
- We lead with the highest moral integrity, which guides all our actions.
- We are all proud of the exceptional work we do.